signs of things to come
(website under construction)



The bottom land on the right bank of the Monongahela River around mile 22, just above the confluence of Fallen Timber Run, was used by Native Americans even before the European and African explorers and immigrants established a settlement known as New Store. In late 1887, Stephen Bayard announced his plan for development on this site, and he laid out a proper town, named Elizabeth after his wife, in the spring. In September, 1788, the first meeting of the Allegheny County Court incorporated the County's seven original townships, including Elizabeth Township, which was named for its most important town, and which included all of the land between the Youghiogheny and Monongahela rivers.